This employee retention speaker and employee retention author has seen a tremendous jump in job hopping coming out of a recession. The number of people who were unhappy with their boss are STILL unhappy with their boss. However, because of the uncertainty around the pandemic, people who are not happy about their boss or organization are sitting tight. They are also cleaning up their resumes and getting ready to make a move. After all…when your in lockdown you do the things you normally are too busy to do. Things like get your resume cleaned up, reach out to headhunters, post your resume on job sites, etc. etc. etc.
Those organizations that are not giving their employees C.R.A.P. (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise) are truly making a major mistake in these times. Now is when your employees need to be given C.R.A.P. because they are scared, worried and wondering what will happen next. When times are difficult, that’s when you as a boss or as an organization can show the stuff you are truly made of. That way when things turn around and the dam breaks you won’t have your people leaving in droves. What can you do to give your people C.R.A.P. in these turbulent times? Here are a few that come to mind for this employee retention consultant:
- Listen to the concerns your people have. Now more than ever people want to be listened to.
- Stay in regular contact with your employees…particularly your virtual ones. Do regular “check ins.”
- Give them appreciation and praise for getting the job done in these difficult times.
- Keep them informed about what’s going on so that you shut down the grapevine.
- Still continue to talk to them about how they can continue learning and growing even in these unique times and encourage them to do so.
- Make sure they know your organization has an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) as mental health, alcohol and drugs have become a major issue in the past 3 months.
- When your people say they need to talk…don’t put them off.
These are just a few ideas that popped into the head of this employee retention consultant. Remember…Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise) Why? Because C.R.A.P. Works!
Reach out to me on LinkedIn, call or text me at 414-305-9626 or click on the link below to find out how to Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® during these challenging times AND reduce employee turnover by 35-80% https://calendly.com/employeeretentionspeaker