Things that this employee retention speaker and employee retention trainer heard as a member of a discussion group he was invited to at a local chapter of a national association were:
- We don’t celebrate success like we used to. Even though we used to celebrate success less than we should have before, we celebrate it even less now.
- My boss used to stop by my office and see how my weekend was and now we just go to work in our home offices.
- We used to see HR wander through the halls to interact and chat with people. Not as much as they should have but now, we NEVER hear from HR.
- We used to do more team meetings and team problem solving. Now we get on Zoom calls, but the leaders don’t know how to bring out ideas or don’t want to. It seems like they want to get off the call as soon as possible.
- Employee Assistance was always talked bout. It was highly visible. You saw posters, got flyers, talked about it in meetings. Now, all we talk about is Covid-19.
This employee retention author knows things that drove employee engagement and were integral to your employee retention strategies pre-pandemic are still viable. In fact, they are even more important than ever. Things like EAP are not being talked about. We need to do all the things that used to work and double down our efforts on them. We can’t accept that this is the way it is. If we do, we are doing irreparable harm to our organizational culture, our employees, our employee engagement, and our employee retention. Eventually, this harm will filter down to the bottom line and take years to rebuild.
It’s time for leaders in all segments of business to step up. We are past the shock of the pandemic starting. We may be in for a long period of disruption. It’s time to adapt and use the ways that worked before and adapt them to work in the current situation…not just stop doing them. Now more than ever, your employees need C.R.A.P. (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise)
Remember…Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise) Why? Because C.R.A.P. Works!
Reach out to me on LinkedIn or call or text me at 414-305-9626 to find out how to Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.®, hear more about the C.RA.P. philosophy AND how this philosophy can reduce employee turnover by 35-80%.