One question I received was, “If you had limited resources (both monetary and personnel) what two areas of employee retention would you recommend a company focus on?” For me…that one was an easy one to answer. The answer is Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® (Caring, Respect, Appreciation, and Praise) C.R.A.P. costs nothing, and no matter how many, or how few leaders and organization has, everyone, can give employees C.R.A.P. For those of my readers that have not seen my program, “Give Your Employees C.R.A.P…the Success Formula for Building Employee Loyalty,” this employee retention trainer wanted to do a quick recap of key points. C.R.A.P. includes:
- Be there when your employees are in a time of need. It doesn’t take long and then you can help them problem solve so they can deal with the issue at hand.
- Be Available. When your people need to talk to you…make the time. They wouldn’t want to talk if it’s not important. It sends the message you care.
- Listen when people come to you. Give them your undivided attention. It sends a powerful message of respect.
- Ask for their input and ideas. Not only is it respectful of their talents…you will be amazed at the great ideas you come up with.
- Never throw them under the bus. This not only angers people to the point that they start to look but it is incredibly disrespectful.
- Don’t Micromanage. If you have ever worked for a micromanager, you will know that this drives people crazy and pushes them out of an organization.
- Give them Appreciation and Praise. Telling someone they did a good job, saying thank you, and praising them when they hit it out of the park cost you nothing and reinforce the good things they do for you.
Perhaps I am simplistic in my approach but this employee recruitment expert has found that C.R.A.P. works…and costs nothing. I have found that there is a lot of desperation out there around employee retention as the Covid-19 pandemic has stretched resources in organizations. That’s why now is the time to look at your employee retention strategies. For that reason, I’ve made the offer that if you have a concern about your employee retention strategy, all you have to do is send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, “I’m Desperate” and I will get you a complimentary copy of my employee retention self-audit so you can look at your processes very easily. Seriously…it’s time to stop complaining about employee turnover and do something about it!!! Send me that email that says, “I’m Desperate” to get your complimentary employee retention self-audit.
Remember…Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® (Caring, Respect, Appreciation, and Praise) Why? Because C.R.A.P. Works!
Reach out to me on LinkedIn or call or text me at 414-305-9626 to find out how to Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.®, hear more about the C.RA.P. philosophy, AND how this philosophy can reduce employee turnover by 35-80%.