It may already be too late. The economy has been accelerating for the past six months but organizations have been pre-occupied with the requirements of the Covid-19 pandemic which has swamped HR departments in an unprecedented way. The next thing that is going to swamp organizations is the wave of people who are looking to leave their current organization. The amount of employee turnover that will occur in the next year is going to be problematic for many organizations. Many people have been holding off leaving because of the pandemic. That’s about to change.
The time is now to ramp up. Earlier this week this employee retention trainer wrote about now is the time to do an engagement survey to get the pulse of what your people are feeling and thinking. Other things that have been put on hold need to begin in earnest in the opinion of this employee recruitment expert. They include:
- Restarting of leadership training that has been largely been put on hold. Your leaders play a key role in retaining talent.
- Do the engagement survey that has been on hold.
- Examining your Employee Assistance Program so it is functioning optimally so employees with issues don’t fall through the cracks.
- Reassessing your communication process which is an integral part of your employee retention strategy.
- Dust off your employee retention strategic plan…if you have one.
The time to ramp up is NOW. Otherwise, you will be caught off guard when things turn the corner and the impact on your employee retention as well as your business could be huge. Don’t wait. After all…he who hesitates is lost!
Remember…Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.® (Caring, Respect, Appreciation and Praise) Why? Because C.R.A.P. Works!
Are you concerned with the level of employee turnover in your organization? If so, call me at 414-305-9626 or email me at email@example.com to find out how to Give Your Employees C.R.A.P.®, hear more about the C.R.A.P. philosophy AND find out how this philosophy can reduce employee turnover by 40-80%.